Data Rescue ONE Guides
1. In order to start you will need to make sure you have the following:
- A Mac system running 10.7.5 and above.
- The Data Rescue One drive and cable.
- A USB 3.0 or 2.0 port.
2. Once you have all of the requirements listed, you are good to go, you can start by shutting down the Mac and then plugging in the drive directly into your USB port.
3. Once you have you have your system fully turned off and Data Rescue One plugged in, you can then turn the system back on while holding down the “Option” key.
4. If you held the Option key down the entire time correctly, you should be good brought to a screen where it shows all your boot options, now use your arrow keys to highlight “Prepare Data Rescue ” and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
5. Once you press enter, you’ll shortly see some white text on a black background and be brought to a screen where it says “Preparing Data Rescue”. At this point, you should give it a few moments to fully prepare and reboot.
6. Once you’re system has been rebooted, you will be automatically brought to a window asking you to agree to our End User License agreement, once you agree, you will then need to enter your name and serial number into the boxes.
7. Your software is now activated and now it’s as simple a setting your options so that the software can do the rest for you and press a button!
8. Once the button is pressed, the scan process will begin and once completed, will recover all of your files to the previously selected destination.
9. Once your files have been recovered and the process is complete, you can then go to the Apple Logo at the top left of your screen and go to Startup disk and change your default boot option to your internal hard drive and Restart.
10. You have now fully completed the recovery process and you can now look at files that you have recovered. Congratulations!