Is your Mac running slow? Seeing more beachball? Is your hard drive getting full? Drive Genius 4 is an award-winning tool to help you Speed Up, Clean Up and Protect your Mac!
Today Drive Genius 4 has been updated to version 4.0.2 to improve some features as well as update the user interface within the software. The functionality of specific features such as Check Preferences has been improved to be able to remove files that have been hidden by a third party software. Physical Check now has added compatibility with AppleRaid or other SoftRAID drives, the update also includes compatibility for the newest update within OS 10.8.
The overall list of changes is as follows:
- Drive Pulse will now offer to remove corrupt preference files that are hidden and cannot be shown in the Finder.
- Fixed Physical Check and other utilities being disabled for AppleRAID or SoftRAID drives.
- Fixed a potential issue with DrivePulse running multiple tests on the same drive.
- Fixed a potential issue that could result in an empty System Overview icon.
- Fixed a UI drawing issue when opening a file/folder.
- Fixed a potential stability issue when attempting to send an event notification email.
- Fixed a serious stability issue on 10.8.x by working around an OS X library crash.
Please make sure to update to the latest version to take advantage of all the improvements. The most recent version of the software will be linked below.
Or you can update within the software by selecting Drive Genius 4 from the drop down menu at the top of the screen, select check for updates within the list and select Install Update. If you are noticing your internet speed slow down we recommend following the steps found here: http://www.anysoftwaretools.com/mac-internet-slow/.