Here is a visual overview of the components that are necessary to use Data Rescue 3 - Mac Data Recovery Software to recover your data.
1. A Problem Mac Hard Drive
- A hard drive that has crashed (blue screen of death) or one that no longer will mount to the desktop
- Deleted files (files that have previously been deleted and the trash has been emptied)
- Accidentally reinstalled the OS*
When the OS is reinstalled, it overwrites data. If the data is overwritten, Data Rescue 3 will not be able to recover it.
- What is Workspace? Workspace is a separate, secondary hard drive from the drive you are scanning. This is used to save the recovered files to.
3. Physically Failing Hard Drive?
- Protect yourself from a future hard drive crash • Receiving slow read warnings • Intermittent physical problems
4. Clone Feature
- The clone feature is a great way to make an exact copy of a drive. Then you can do the actual recovery and scan from the clone instead of from the failing hard drive.
- This will require an external hard drive of equal size without any data on it to create a clone of the problem drive.
If you need further assistance with your recovery, contact our FREE US-based technical support team.
We also offer a FREE demo of Data Rescue 3.