Today we will be releasing an Update for Drive Genius 4, to update to version 4.1. This Update was to improve some of the existing features as well as an update to the user interface for a few of the tools. The main change with this newest update is the introduction of the initialize disk tool.
The Initialize Tool will allow the user to reformat their drives using Drive Genius 4.
Prosoft appreciates all the feedback we received from our customers after the release of Drive Genius 4. Based on the input and suggestions, we made the decision to bring back the easy-to-use reformat feature (Initialize) so you don’t need to go through Disk Utility. Initialize will allow you to reformat your drives to operate on both Macs and PCs.
The 4.1 Update also includes an additional option within DrivePulse to allow the end user to turn off the consistency checks so you will no longer be presented with consistency warnings against your drives. This will be most beneficial for users with proprietary external Raid Units.
The full list of updates can be found below.
- The Initialize disk tool has returned; with enhancements such as the ability to select the format type.
- Cloning a drive to a single volume of a multi-volume drive is now supported.
- New option to disable DrivePulse preference files corruption check.
- DrivePulse no longer displays critical Free Space alerts while the computer is idle.
- Fixed Active Files and IconGenius being disabled for Drobos.
Please make sure to update to the latest version to take advantage of all the improvements. The most recent version of the software will be linked below.
Or you can update within the software by selecting Drive Genius 4 from the drop down menu at the top of the screen, select check for updates within the list and select Install Update.