Data Backup 3 bootable Clone instructions
You can download Data Backup 3 and run in demo mode to create a clone backup. http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_backup_update.php
A formatted GUID partition that is equal to or larger than the used space of your "Mac HD" is required. If you need instructions on how to use Drive Genius 3 to format your destination click here.
Follow the steps below to create your bootable clone drive
- Launch Data Backup 3 from your Applications folder.
- Click on the triangle next to "Show Backup Options" to expand the drop down menu.
- Now, hold down the "command" key and the "N" key to create a new backup set.
- Select Backup Type, then select Clone.
- Click on the "+" symbol under Sources and select Mac HD from the Devices list in the Finder window.
- Click the "Select" button to choose your destination volume in the Finder window and press open.
- To finish hold down the "command" key and the "S" key to save your backup set.
- If your ready click the "Start" button to begin making your bootable clone.
Booting from your clone backup
- Close all files and applications as you would to prepare for a system shutdown.
- Open the System Preferences
- Listed under "System” select "Startup Disk"
- Select your destination drive and click "restart"
You Mac will now reboot from your Newley created "Clone Backup" Volume.