Data Rescue® 3
On Sale $99
If your drive is clicking or making any other strange noises this is likely due to some physical problems with the drive. It is strongly recommended that you immediately power down the drive and stop using it. You will likely cause more data loss by using a drive that is clicking or suffering from a hardware issue so the best option is to stop using it and send it to our full-service cleanroom recovery solution: www.TheDataRescueCenter.com
If you've deleted files on your main drive, those files are marked as free space by the system and can be written over as needed. It's important to stop using your computer as soon as possible in this situation. Do not download any software to the drive where the deleted files were (as that download may overwrite those very files you're trying to recover). There are a few options for you in this situation:
- Boot your computer from our Data Rescue® Boot DVD
- If you have one, simply follow the instructions on the DVD — Then run a deleted file scan on your drive — You will need a second drive to recover the deleted files to.
- If you do not have a Data Rescue® Boot DVD, you may purchase one online. It is important that you download the boot DVD image to a different computer, burn it using that other computer and then take the disc to the computer you're trying to recover deleted files from. Your email receipt for the Boot DVD image download will include instructions on how to burn this boot DVD and use it to boot your Mac.
- You may also purchase Data Rescue® in a retail store (Apple store, MicroCenter,etc) or online store (Other World Computing, Amazon, etc). The retail packaged box will include the bootable DVD inside the box.
- Boot your computer via FireWire Target Disc Mode (using another Macintosh)
Target Disk Mode
- Turn off the machine with the corrupted hard drive (machine).
- Connect both machines using a firewire cable.
- Boot the secondary Mac as you do normally.
- Boot the machine with the corrupted hard drive (machine), while holding the "T" key. Hold the "T" key until you see a FireWire icon floating across the screen.
- On your secondary Mac, download and open the Data Rescue® 3 demo.
- In Data Rescue® 3, select the Target FireWire connected Hard Drive as the drive to scan.
If you do not have access to another Mac, you may contact our sales department to order a bootable DVD to be shipped to you for $7.50 shipping and handling so you may demo the software prior to purchase. You may call our sales line at 1-877-477-6763.
- Boot your computer via secondary bootable drive
If you have a bootable secondary HD that has a Mac operating system on it, you may use it to run Data Rescue® 3 & scan your drive. Here's how:
- From a powered off state hold down the "option" key while powering your Mac up.
- Once the option's menu appears select your bootable HD and click the arrow to continue.
- Install Data Rescue® 3 to the HD and launch it.
- Now you can scan you HD safely while booting from another drive.
If the deleted files you are trying to recover are NOT on your main drive, then you can simply download the demo for Data Rescue® 3 to that main drive, install the application and run it, scanning the other drive where the deleted files occurred.
What's New in Data Rescue® 3
Click HERE to see a complete list
When you open up Data Rescue® 3, the application automatically checks for new updates. You may also manually check for updates by following these steps:
- Open Data Rescue® 3 application
- Click the Data Rescue® 3 Menu Item, and select "Check for Updates".
- Once the check is completed, a dialogue box will either confirm that you already have the latest version, or will alert you to a new version that you may download.